Hello beautiful people! I’m so excited to meet and photograph you. I hope this guide helps when planning your session!
Time of Year
The months of May-September and even most of October will be warm in Texas.
If you’re wanting to pop in and out of A/C, pick a location in the city like South Congress and stop for some coffee at Jo’s or pop into a fancy hotel lobby for sipping cocktails at the bar.
What day of the week should I pick?
Thursday & Fridays are when the town gets busy and people venture out for happy hours and live music like Blues on the Green, and others. Mondays or Tuesdays are the best since everyone is back to the daily grind slightly sunburned and mildly hungover.
When you live in a city that has over 200 days of sunlight a year, nice weather is almost a given. Epic sunsets are our specialty and if that’s something you’re searching for with your session, choose areas with open sky views. Grassy fields, hilltops, parking garages, and rooftops will get you there.
What if it rains?
The chance of rain is more possible in the Spring and Winter than any other time of year. If it’s a passing shower, a sprinkle here and there or a light drizzle, I have a pair of cute clear umbrellas to keep you dry and stylish but if the weather is severe, we will need to reschedule.
What to Wear to your engagement session
- Clothing should be of the same formality – it’s hard to pair someone dressed in tennis shoes with someone in more formal attire.
- Think of it like a fancy date night.
- Since we’ll be walking around a bit, make sure to leave your big purse at home and maybe have just the essentials on you like makeup for touch ups and drivers’ license/phone which I can carry in my bag.
- Don’t be matchy-matchy. It’s not 1991. Avoid wearing the exact same colors and instead, pick a color palate you love and do coordinating pieces that way. One pattern, one solid.
- In the fall; tones like eggplant, evergreen or sage, burnt orange, grey and dark blue are all ideal options. Leather jackets, booties, scarves. All are welcome additions. I use https://coolors.co/app to create coordinating color sets.
- In the summer, choose lighter colors and soft, flowing fabric for maximum romance.
- Your outfit colors should compliment, not clash with our location.
- Avoid clothes that are uncomfortable and restrict movement. We’ll be walking and sitting in places all over so you’ll want to be able to move! Avoid pieces that require fixing and fussing the whole time or accidentally show too much cleavage.
TYPES OF IMAGES
Getting to know my couples’ personalities and connecting with them is at the very core of my business. Whether you’re outgoing and loud or more reserved and shy – I’m here to make photos that represent YOU. Many of my past clients speak to how comfortable I made them, despite having never been photographed before.
You’re in love, so act like it! When you’re walking, hold hands, kiss with Offer a hand up if you’re climbing something. I know you’re both totally independent people and probably don’t think about it when it’s just the two of you. But trust me (and don’t be afraid when I shout GET CLOSER) hands show romance and a connection. Nothing is more awkward than a dangling hand or arm when you lean in for a kiss. Cuddle up and wrap into each other as if you were the only people in the world and enjoy the moment.
Keep the clothes fresh, clean and new-ish, no holes in jeans or your shirts, dress or nice casual shoes work best and most importantly: make sure everything fits properly. Take your fit for a trial run a couple days before to ensure you like the way you look.
Consider having your hair/makeup done the morning of the session which will make you look just a little more polished for the photos and don’t forget to relax and just have fun!