The small details you probably don’t think about but the top things I recommend to all my couples on the day of.
Get ready in the best light.
- Have your makeup artist do your hair and makeup near a window, but leaving room for me to get in! Fluorescent hotel bathroom lights are no one’s friends. They show EVER-Y-THING and not in the good way.
- The same tip applies for getting into your dress. We want to get ready a clean area near a window with a lot of natural light. All those glamorous light and airy photos you see on Instagram can only happen if we work together using these tips.
Have all your details ready to be photographed.
- Shoes, jewelry, perfume, invitations and any other special items set aside all together makes it faster and easier for me to photograph them during your getting ready time.
- Ask your florist for a few extra pieces to use with your detail shots. It can be just some greenery but it really ties the whole day together.
Keep the getting ready area tidy.
- A messy hotel room or bridal suite with shoe boxes, unmade beds and empty snack wrappers are distracting. Clean up, or at least shove things in a closet for the getting dressed photos.